32.2128, Jobs: English; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, H5

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 21 18:51:30 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2128. Mon Jun 21 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2128, Jobs: English; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, H5

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 14:46:25
From: Mary Meunier [mmeunier at h5.com]
Subject: English; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, H5, Chicago, Illinois, USA

University or Organization: H5
Department: Research, Methodology and Analysis
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: https://www.h5.com/
Job Title: Language Analyst and Information Retrieval
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Associate Consultant

Core responsibilities include language data analysis, data management, and
subject matter research.

This is a full-time permanent assignment (W2) based in the Chicago office.
This is not a remote position.

Responsibilities:
- Research large corpora for text-based patterns (e.g. linguistic, metadata)
- Analyze documents to identify recurring structural/formatting patterns
- Rapidly develop insights into the language and the concepts expressed within
a corporate community
- Construct effective text-based representations of a community’s ways of
speaking
- Test and evaluate an evolving model of relevant language and identify
required adjustments
- Present findings, suggestions and challenges clearly and effectively to the
project team
- Conduct interviews of subject matter experts and information-gathering
sessions with clients in order to understand their communities of practice
- Recognize and resolve misalignment of text-based model with project goals
- Learn our proprietary software used in document analysis
- Develop organized and systematic methods of working within our established
process, monitoring own accuracy and timelines independently

Competencies:
- Ability to recognize, identify, and create representations of text-based
patterns, and understand the implications of the resulting model
- Strong analytical skills, precise thinking, a sharp eye for detail, and a
practiced sense of order and organization
- Aptitude for quickly learning new technologies, processes, and arenas of
subject matter
- Personal incentive and ability to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary
group
- Ability to independently problem-solve in an organized and methodological
way
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines while
balancing competing priorities
- Solid competency in a PC/Windows environment using Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, and Outlook)

Qualifications:
- Professional experience OR academic degree, as follows:
- 2+ years professional experience with research, data mining, data analysis,
text analysis, technology-assisted review (TAR), Electronically Stored
Information (ESI), content management or linguistic analysis; OR
- BA or BS
- Experience with eDiscovery software is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with the US legal system, legal research, or
litigation support is a plus
- MA, MS, LLM, MLS, JD, or PhD is a plus

H5 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental
status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.
We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We encourage Veterans to
apply.

To apply, please visit the application link below.

Web Address for Applications: https://h5.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=203
Contact Information
	Meunier
	Email: mmeunier at h5.com