32.745, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 1 19:33:56 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-745. Mon Mar 01 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.745, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 14:33:35
From: Aashna Brahmbhatt [culc at cornell.edu]
Subject: Cornell Undergraduate Linguistics Conference

Full Title: Cornell Undergraduate Linguistics Conference
Short Title: CULC 15

Date: 30-Apr-2021 - 02-May-2021
Location: Virtual, hosted by Cornell University, USA
Contact Person: Aashna Brahmbhatt
Meeting Email: culc at cornell.edu
Web Site: https://conf.ling.cornell.edu/culc15/

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 12-Mar-2021

Meeting Description:

The Cornell Undergraduate Linguistics Conference (CULC) is an annual
conference for undergraduate research projects in any subfield of linguistics,
including but not limited to phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax,
semantics, pragmatics, historical linguistics, computational linguistics,
sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, etc. We encourage students pursuing a
B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree to submit an abstract for a 20-minute talk or
poster presentation.

The annual conference includes oral and poster presentations from
undergraduate students from the U.S. and Canada. This year's conference will
also feature two keynote speakers: Prof. Alec Marantz from New York University
and Prof. Molly Diesing from Cornell University.

Call for Papers:

>From the Cornell University Undergraduate Linguistics Club (UnderLings), we
would like to cordially invite you  to participate in the 15th annual Cornell
Undergraduate Linguistics Colloquium (CULC15), which will take place virtually
from Friday, April 30, to Sunday, May 2, 2021.

We are looking forward to hearing from students in your department about their
research projects in any subfield of linguistics, including but not limited to
phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, historical
linguistics, computational linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics,
etc. We encourage students pursuing a B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree to
submit an abstract for a 20-minute talk or poster presentation.

The deadline for abstracts is March 12. Abstracts should be at most two pages
long, including data and references, on letter size paper with minimum 1 inch
margins and at least 11 point font. Abstracts must have a clear title and
should be anonymous. Abstracts must be submitted as a PDF to culc at cornell.edu,
including preference, if any, for a talk or a poster presentation.

For more information, please visit our website at
https://conf.ling.cornell.edu/culc15/ or email us at culc at cornell.edu with any
questions.