32.775, Calls: General Linguistics / International Journal of Arabic Linguistics (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 3 21:44:55 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-775. Wed Mar 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.775, Calls:  General Linguistics / International Journal of Arabic Linguistics (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 16:44:38
From: Omar Ben Jilali [Omar.BenJilali9 at gmail.com]

Full Title: International Journal of Arabic Linguistics

Call Deadline: 31-May-2021

The International Journal of Arabic Linguistics is an open access
peer-reviewed journal that aims at providing a platform for researchers
working on the Arabic language to disseminate their latest work.

We welcome papers on the linguistic structure of Arabic as well as its history
and its functions in society. The journal welcomes in particular studies in
dialectology, sociolinguistics, historical linguistics, and other areas in
which the focus is more on data than on theory. In other words, the journal
does not adhere to any particular linguistic theory but rather encourages
research on new data that can give rise to new issues, or works that provide
new approaches to old ones.
In addition to research papers, the journal also publishes book reviews. These
are intended primarily for readers of Arabic who cannot read works published
in other languages. We have noticed that many influential studies by non-Arab
scholars are not very well-known among native students of Arabic linguistics.
Therefore, review articles are required to be written in the Arabic language.

The journal charges no fees on the submission, processing or publication of
manuscripts. Papers accepted for publication may not be republished elsewhere
without the permission of IJAL's editor.
Papers submitted before the indicated deadline may appear in the next issue
due at the end of July 2021 if accepted. Papers submitted after the deadline
are to be considered for the following issue to be released in January 2022.

To access author guidelines, click on the following link:
https://revues.imist.ma/public/site/images/admin/Instructions_for_Authors.pdf
Find more information about the journal's scope and commotments as well as
previous volumes on our website below. For any paticular inquiries, contact
the editor-in-chief or the assistant through the emails below:
https://revues.imist.ma/index.php/IJAL/index
Assistant's email: Omar.BenJilali9 at gmail.com
Editor-in-chief: a.echcharfi at um5s.net.ma