32.799, FYI: SemEval-2022: Second Call for Task Proposals

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 4 04:38:57 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-799. Wed Mar 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.799, FYI: SemEval-2022: Second Call for Task Proposals

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 23:37:25
From: Guy Emerson [gete2 at cam.ac.uk]
Subject: SemEval-2022: Second Call for Task Proposals

SemEval-2022: Call for Task Proposals

Please kindly note that due to the space limit here, the full version of call
for proposals can be found instead at:
https://semeval.github.io/SemEval2022/cft

We invite proposals for tasks to be run as part of SemEval-2022. SemEval (the
International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation) is an ongoing series of
evaluations of computational semantics systems, organized under the umbrella
of SIGLEX, the Special Interest Group on the Lexicon of the Association for
Computational Linguistics.

For SemEval-2022, we welcome any task that can test an automatic system for
semantic analysis of text, which could be an intrinsic semantic evaluation, or
an application-oriented evaluation. We especially encourage tasks for
languages other than English, cross-lingual tasks, and tasks that develop
novel applications of computational semantics. See the websites of previous
editions of SemEval to get an idea about the range of tasks explored, e.g.,
for SemEval-2019: http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2019/ and SemEval-2020:
http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2020/

We strongly encourage proposals based on pilot studies that have already
generated initial data, as this can provide concrete examples and can help to
foresee the challenges of preparing the full task. In the event of receiving
many proposals, preference will be given to proposals that have already run a
pilot study.

In case you are not sure whether a task is suitable for SemEval, please feel
free to get in touch with the SemEval organizers at
semeval-organizers at googlegroups.com to discuss your idea.

Important dates
Task proposals due March 22, 2021
Task selection notification May 14, 2021

Preliminary timetable
Trial data ready July 30, 2021
Training data ready September 3, 2021
Evaluation data ready December 3, 2021
Evaluation start January 10, 2022
Evaluation end January 31, 2022
Paper submission due February 23, 2022
Notification to authors March 31, 2022
Camera ready due April 30, 2022
SemEval workshop Summer 2022 (co-located with a major NLP conference)

Submission Details

The task proposals should be a self-contained document of no longer than 3
pages (plus additional pages for references). All submissions must be in PDF
format, following the ACL 2021 template:
LaTeX and Microsoft Word:
https://2021.aclweb.org/downloads/acl-ijcnlp2021-templates.zip
Overleaf:
https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/instructions-for-acl-ijcnlp-2021-proc
eedings/mhxffkjdwymb

The submission webpage is: https://www.softconf.com/acl2021/w13_SemEval2022

For other information such as Content of Proposals, Task Selection, New Tasks
vs. Task Reruns, and Task Organization, please see the full version at:
https://semeval.github.io/SemEval2022/cft

Chairs:
Nathan Schneider, Georgetown University
Alexis Palmer, University of North Texas
Guy Emerson, University of Cambridge
Natalie Schluter, IT University of Copenhagen
Contact: semeval-organizers at googlegroups.com

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics