32.800, FYI: Call for Abstracts (New Waves in Pragmatics)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 4 04:44:05 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-800. Wed Mar 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.800, FYI: Call for Abstracts (New Waves in Pragmatics)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 23:39:30
From: Mostafa Morady Moghaddam [mmoghaddam at shahroodut.ac.ir]
Subject: Call for Abstracts (New Waves in Pragmatics)

Call for abstracts (Routledge Research on New Waves in Pragmatics)-
Early-career scholars ONLY

Goal: Early-career authors are invited to send their abstracts (200 to 250
words in English) for the edited volume 'The praxis of persuasive discourse:
from theory to practice', to be included (after peer-review and acceptance) in
Routledge Research on New Waves in Pragmatics series. Authors from all over
the world can write about theoretical, methodological, and context-specific
aspects of the persuasive discourse.

We do not intend to narrow down the focus of the volume so that we would have
the chance to receive a broad range of titles related to pragmatics of
persuasiveness. Generally, we expect to receive abstracts related to
discursive, pragmatic, psychological (the relationship between persuasive text
and mind), or social (how persuasiveness is constructed during the
interaction, or in different communities) aspects of persuasiveness, among
other things. Both theoretical and empirical studies are welcomed, but we can
only accept very strong theoretical works, excluding reviews of the
literature. Therefore, empirical studies have a better chance of acceptance.

Early-career scholars—scholars who have completed their PhD thesis no more
than five years from submission of their proposal—interested in submitting a
proposal or manuscript for double-blind review may contact
mmoghaddam at shahroodut.ac.ir (please also include your graduation date and
affiliation).
As for the authors, all of them will need to fulfill the 5-year rule when
submitting their proposal (I will ask for confirmation in case the abstract is
accepted).

Looking forward to reading your abstracts.

Contact information:
Dr. Mostafa Morady Moghaddam
mmoghaddam at shahroodut.ac.ir

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Applied Linguistics
                     Cognitive Science
                     Discipline of Linguistics
                     Discourse Analysis