32.3493, Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology: Fixed-term Acting Assistant Professor specializing in phonetics/phonology, Stanford University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 4 19:34:25 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3493. Thu Nov 04 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3493, Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology: Fixed-term Acting Assistant Professor specializing in phonetics/phonology, Stanford University

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 15:33:56
From: Christopher Potts [cgpotts at stanford.edu]
Subject: Phonetics; Phonology: Fixed-term Acting Assistant Professor specializing in phonetics/phonology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA

University or Organization: Stanford University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: https://linguistics.stanford.edu
Job Title: Fixed-term Acting Assistant Professor specializing in phonetics/phonology
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology

The Department of Linguistics at Stanford University is seeking applicants for
a fixed-term, two-year Acting Assistant Professor position in
phonetics/phonology, beginning September 1, 2022. Applicants will be expected
to teach courses in phonetics and phonology at both the graduate and
undergraduate levels and to advise graduate and undergraduate students in the
department on their research projects. The teaching load is 4 courses per
year.

We are seeking applicants who can contribute to our core phonetics/phonology
curriculum, and we welcome candidates whose work additionally engages with
other areas of linguistics, including fieldwork, psycholinguistics, historical
linguistics, sociolinguistics, and corpus and computational linguistics. A PhD
in Linguistics or a related field is required.

Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Stanford also welcomes applications from
others who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research,
teaching and clinical missions.

Applicants should submit the following via our Stanford Faculty Positions
website (URL below):
 - cover letter;
 - CV;
 - brief research statement (not to exceed two pages);
 - statement of teaching interests (not to exceed one page); and
 - the names and email addresses of three references. We may request letters
of recommendation from applicants later in the process.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2022

Web Address for Applications: http://facultypositions.stanford.edu/cw/en-us/job/493384?lApplicationSubSourceID=
Contact Information
	Linguistics