32.3539, Thank you from the LINGUIST List

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 9 02:55:46 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3539. Mon Nov 08 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3539, Thank you from the LINGUIST List

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Joshua Sims <joshua at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 21:55:35
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Thank you from the LINGUIST List

Dear linguists,

The last 72 hours have brought some dramatic changes to our challenges!
Sociolinguistics comes first before syntax—but phonology has taken third place
for the first time during this year’s fund drive. At the last moment, Indiana
University Bloomington took over the lead from the University of South
Carolina, and Wayne State and Stanford share the third place! A big round of
applause!

Thank you all for your resounding support for our 2021 Linguist List Fund
Drive. Nearly 400 linguists from 152 universities in 40 countries on 6
continents donated this year. Thanks to your personal commitment, we have
collected over $27,000—this alone will help us fund one student editor in
2022. This is an uplifting message for all of us, and for so many reasons! It
will be easier for the whole team to stay abreast of the everchanging media
and information landscape. At a more personal level - one more student of
linguistics will have secure support and will be able to continue working and
learning at the LINGUIST List without going into debt. For the whole
community, the positive message is that LINGUIST List will continue its
operations. More importantly, your support proves that we are a strong
community of committed individuals. We hope that you will continue to support
us. There is no LINGUIST List without our readers.

Thank you!

Your LINGUIST List
Malgosia, Helen, Steven, Lauren, Billy, Joshua, Jeremy, Sarah, Everett, Nils