32.3136, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 5 04:58:59 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3136. Tue Oct 05 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3136, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Germany

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 00:58:29
From: Marcel Schlechtweg [marcelschlechtweg at gmail.com]
Subject: Hearing and Linguistics

Full Title: Hearing and Linguistics

Date: 13-May-2022 - 14-May-2022
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Contact Person: Marcel Schlechtweg
Meeting Email: marcelschlechtweg at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Oct-2021

Meeting Description:

Organized by Marcel Schlechtweg, Esther Ruigendijk, Bénédicte Grandon &
Stephanie Kaucke

The university of Oldenburg is one of the leading sites in hearing research in
the world. Within the cluster of excellence Hearing4all, experts from various
disciplines (among others, medicine, engineering, computer science,
linguistics) and with different foci investigate the facets of hearing with
the vision of making auditory stimuli accessible to everyone. For this, we
need to improve our understanding of hearing, hearing impairment, and hearing
aid technologies.

The meeting ''Hearing and Linguistics'' aims at strengthening and expanding
linguistic research in the field of hearing by bringing together researchers
who work in this area. Topics from different research traditions and from any
linguistic area, including but not limited to phonetics, phonology,
morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics, are welcome. We particularly
encourage contributions focusing on hearing and its connection to the
processing and / or acquisition of language. Here, we invite investigations
on, for instance, the impact of hearing loss or impairment on the perception
and production of language, the acquisition mechanisms in the presence of
hearing deficiency, the development of morpho-syntactic patterns in language
users with and / or without hearing impairment, and the detection of fine
acoustic detail in individuals with and / or without hearing impairment.

Keynote Speakers:

Sven Mattys (University of York, UK)
Barbara Höhle (University of Potsdam, Germany)

Final Call for Papers:

Organized by
Marcel Schlechtweg
Esther Ruigendijk
Bénédicte Grandon
Stephanie Kaucke

Keynote speakers
Sven Mattys (York, UK)
Barbara Höhle (Potsdam, Germany)

[...]

processing and / or acquisition of spoken language. Here, we invite
investigations on, for instance, the impact of hearing loss or impairment on
the perception and production of language, the acquisition mechanisms in the
presence of hearing deficiency, the development of morpho-syntactic patterns
in language users with and / or without hearing impairment, and the detection
of fine acoustic detail in individuals with and / or without hearing
impairment.

Each author can submit one or multiple abstract(s). Abstracts are written in
English, anonymous, and limited to one A4 page (references, figures, tables,
and / or examples can appear on a second page; 12pt, Times New Roman, margins
of 2.5 cm on all sides, single spacing) and should be submitted to
marcelschlechtweg at gmail.com by October 31, 2021. Please submit your abstract
as a word and pdf file. In the email, give the title, all authors, and
affiliations in the correct order.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us
(marcelschlechtweg at gmail.com)!