32.3151, A Day in the Life of a LINGUIST List Editor

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 6 03:39:49 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3151. Tue Oct 05 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3151, A Day in the Life of a LINGUIST List Editor

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Joshua Sims <joshua at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 23:39:28
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: A Day in the Life of a LINGUIST List Editor

I have now just arrived to my desk at the LINGUIST List office, let’s get to
work!

First let’s take care of some emails. It looks like we have someone interested
in a book announcement, this is great! Sending out a book announcement will
allow them to reach an incredibly large audience of wonderful linguists! I
will be sure to send them information on becoming a supporting publisher, and
all the great benefits that come along with doing so. I hope they will be
interested

Next, it’s a new month, meaning new reviewers have been hand selected to
review books announced here at LINGUIST List. Let’s make sure our publishers
know where to send their books. I will go right ahead and send them the
reviewer information. Not to worry, if they need any additional information to
make the delivery, I will be happy to help.

Now it’s time to send out our new Available for Review (AFR) list. I better
get this out quick, I know our reviewers are eager to choose a new book! After
carefully generating the new list of books that have been announced this past
month, it’s time to send it off. Have fun selecting everybody!

Now let’s send out some book announcements. It’s my job to make sure every
single book is relevant to our outstanding community. It looks like these
books qualify, let’s get to editing and send them out! I will take careful
attention to check that these books are published and currently available,
that each hyperlink is functional, that the topic is linguistically relevant,
and that the description is clean and readable. After hand-editing each book,
they are ready to go! Let’s send them out to the community. I hope these books
will be of interest to our readers!

Now for my final task. It’s time for me to describe my daily tasks at the
LINGUIST List.

Where should I start?