32.2927, Confs: Japanese; Korean; Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Ling Theories/Japan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 15 07:00:27 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2927. Wed Sep 15 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2927, Confs: Japanese; Korean; Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Ling Theories/Japan

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 02:59:09
From: Hae-Sung Jeon [HJeon1 at uclan.ac.uk]
Subject: Pedagogical Approaches to Japanese/Korean Linguistics

Pedagogical Approaches to Japanese/Korean Linguistics

Date: 08-Oct-2021 - 08-Oct-2021
Location: Virtual, Japan
Contact: Hae-Sung Jeon
Contact Email: HJeon1 at uclan.ac.uk
Meeting URL: https://sites.google.com/view/jkconf29/workshops/pedagogical-approaches-to-jk-linguistics?authuser=0

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Linguistic Theories

Subject Language(s): Japanese (jpn)
                     Korean (kor)

Meeting Description:

Pedagogical Approaches to Japanese/Korean Linguistics
Satellite Workshop, the 29th Japanese/Korean Linguistics Conference (JK29)

The aim of this virtual workshop is to create a forum to exchange good
practice, tools, resources, creative ideas, and our visions in teaching
Japanese/Korean linguistics. In particular, we wish to exchange ideas and
resources on how to incorporate our research into teaching. Workshop
registration is free.

Speakers/Titles

- Vera Hanaoka (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, USA), Incorporating data
analysis into an undergraduate Japanese sociolinguistics course

- Kiyoko Toratani (York University, Canada), A case study of a term-end
project on sound-symbolism

- Sakaya Abe (Middlebury College, USA), Developing Variation and Change in
Japanese: Utilizing insights from historical linguistic

Workshop session: Creating Inclusive Teaching Materials in Japanese/Korean
Linguistics

A pre-recorded video on the guidance for creating inclusive teaching materials
will be available by 15th September. Accessibility of teaching materials is
important for supporting disabled students and other student groups such as
international students and socio-economically disadvantaged students, but the
materials with accessible design will eventually benefit all learners. We
recommend that you improve your teaching materials (e.g., handouts, slides, or
any other materials) following the guidance.