32.2928, Calls: Applied Ling, Comp Ling, Phonetics, Text/Corpus Ling/Denmark

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 15 07:23:29 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2928. Wed Sep 15 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2928, Calls: Applied Ling, Comp Ling, Phonetics, Text/Corpus Ling/Denmark

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 03:22:23
From: Oliver Niebuhr [olni at sdu.dk]
Subject: 33rd Conference on Electronic Speech Signal Processing

Full Title: 33rd Conference on Electronic Speech Signal Processing
Short Title: ESSV

Date: 02-Mar-2022 - 04-Mar-2022
Location: Sonderborg, Denmark
Contact Person: Oliver Niebuhr
Meeting Email: essv2022 at essv.de
Web Site: https://event.sdu.dk/essv2022/main

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 12-Dec-2021

Meeting Description:

The team of the CIE Acoustics Lab at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
is very happy to host the 33rd ESSV conference from March 2-4 in
Sonderborg/DK. For years, the ESSV has managed to bring together scientists
from various disciplines that range – from phonetics through psychoacoustics
to signal processing and electronics – for vivid, inspiring exchange and
networking activities. We don't want to touch that! On the contrary, we will
try to further support these activities with spacious rooms and a “hyggelig”
atmosphere with a sea view on one of SDU’s most modern campus areas; provided
that the corona pandemic allows us a physically real meeting. If this is not
the case, we will switch to a hybrid or fully online conference concept.

Call for Papers:

The ESSV conference series spans a wide range of fields that concern the
creation, analysis, and (digital) processing of speech signals, with a special
focus on applied research, i.e. practical applications and technologies. We
therefore ask for contributions (in German or English) on the following
topics:

Speech synthesis and speech generation;
Speech dialogue systems, also multimodal ones;
Human-robot and human-computer interaction;
Quality assessment of spoken language and speech technology;
Speech recognition and natural language comprehension;
Nonspeech signals related to speech: Music, biosignals and technical signals;
Applications in medical, nursing, and rehabilitation technology;
Cognitive and neural systems;
Speech technology in industrial and home sectors;
Phonetic, syntactic, semantic, and pragmatic aspects of speech technology;
Studies and applications of paralinguistics.

For more information, visit:
https://event.sdu.dk/essv2022/main