32.2929, Calls: General Linguistics, Linguistic Theories/Italy

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 15 08:15:26 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2929. Wed Sep 15 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2929, Calls: General Linguistics, Linguistic Theories/Italy

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:15:03
From: Salvatore Menza [salvomenza at gmail.com]
Subject: 47th Incontro di Grammatica Generativa

Full Title: 47th Incontro di Grammatica Generativa
Short Title: IGG47

Date: 24-Feb-2022 - 26-Feb-2022
Location: Catania, Italy
Contact Person: Salvatore Menza
Meeting Email: info at igg47.it
Web Site: https://www.igg47.it

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Linguistic Theories

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 06-Dec-2021

Meeting Description:

The Incontro di Grammatica Generativa is the annual Italian conference on
generative linguistics, now at its 47th edition. IGG47 will be hosted by the
Department of Humanities (DISUM) of the University of Catania, from 24 to 26
February 2022. To optimize interactions among researchers, we plan to hold the
conference on site. Nonetheless, we will keep safety in mind and switch to
online/blended modality, should the need arise. For the main conference, we
invite abstracts for 30-minute talks or for posters on any topic related to
generative grammar, from a theoretical and/or experimental perspective.

In addition to the main conference, there will be a satellite workshop on
''Language and migration''. The official language is English.

Call for Papers:

Invited Speakers:

(Main conference)

Adriana Belletti (Università di Siena)
Giuliana Giusti (Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia)
Philippe Schlenker (Institut Jean-Nicod, CNRS; New York University)

(Workshop)

Roberta D’Alessandro (Universiteit Utrecht)

Call for Papers

Main conference

For the general conference, we invite abstracts for 30-minute talks (20
minutes for presentation + 10 minutes for discussion) and for posters on any
topic related to generative grammar, from a theoretical and/or experimental
perspective. The official language is English.

Workshop: Language and Migration (February 24th 2022)

Migration is crucial to repertoire modification and language change. Recent
advances in (micro)contact analysis can be usefully integrated with the study
of synchronic and diachronic corpora and with evidence from typological,
comparative and historical linguistics.

We decided to dedicate the workshop of the 47 th IGG to these issues, which
also tie nicely with the research themes developed at the hosting department
DISUM within the frame of the interdisciplinary project MigrAIre.

In particular, the following questions will be addressed:

– To what extent is it possible to predict the output of linguistic contact on
the basis of cognitive, structural, geographical, social and cultural factors?

– What is the weight of (i) the differences between the languages in contact
and (ii) the duration of their coexistence in the same area?

Such an integrated approach can give us the opportunity to address these
questions and also shed new light on more general aspects of human language,
language acquisition/L2 learning and interaction between the components of
grammar. Submissions are invited on issues related to language and migration
along the lines indicated above, from both theoretical and applied
perspectives.

The workshop will take place in the morning of February 24th. The official
language of the workshop is English.

Instructions for Submission

The abstracts, in PDF format, must be submitted via Easychair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=igg47
Authors may be involved in at most two abstracts and may be the sole author of
at most one abstract. Please select in the submission form whether you are
submitting an abstract for the general conference, for the workshop, or for
both. If you have a preference for either oral or poster presentation, please
indicate this in the ''abstract'' field of the submission form. Abstracts
should be anonymous and no longer than two pages (12-point, Times New Roman,
single line spacing, 2.5cm margins) including examples, tables, references.

Submission deadline: December 6 th 2021
Notification of acceptance: January 7 th 2022
Deadline for confirmation: January 17 th 2022
Conference website:  https://www.igg47.it

Organizing Committee:

Rita Abbamonte
Valentina Bianchi
Anna Cardinaletti
Silvio Cruschina
Jan Casalicchio
Vincenzo Nicolò Di Caro
Tiziana Emmi
Ilaria Frana
Salvatore Menza
Luigi Rizzi
Iride Valenti

Contact person
Salvatore Menza
(info at igg47.it)

Venue
Dipartimento di Scienze Umanistiche (DISUM), Piazza Dante 32, I-95124,
Catania, Italy.