33.3804, Calls: Philosophy of Language, Pragmatics, Semantics/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Dec 11 20:05:39 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3804. Sun Dec 11 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3804, Calls: Philosophy of Language, Pragmatics, Semantics/France

Moderators:

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 20:05:24
From: Isidora Stojanovic [isidora.stojanovic at cnrs.fr]
Subject: Slurring Terms across Languages

Full Title: Slurring Terms across Languages
Short Title: STAL-23

Date: 07-Jun-2023 - 08-Jun-2023
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Isidora Stojanovic
Meeting Email: isidora.stojanovic at cnrs.fr
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/stal-2023

Linguistic Field(s): Philosophy of Language; Pragmatics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 10-Jan-2023

Meeting Description:

Slurring Terms Across Languages (STAL-2023) is an international and
interdisciplinary workshop whose primary aim is to gather work on slurs from
languages that have been seldom discussed in the recent philosophical and
semantic literature, and in particular, from sign languages and
non-Indo-European languages. It aims to bring to light new empirical data and
uncover novel interesting phenomena that may have the potential to challenge
current theories of slurs. We search for theoretical and empirical studies of
slurs from such languages, comparisons with English slurs, as well as wider
cross-linguistic approaches. We also welcome developments of extant theories
in application to the new data or previously neglected phenomena.

Call for Papers:

Submission Guidelines:

We invite submission of abstracts for 30-minute oral presentations (with an
additional 20 minutes for questions). Abstracts should be anonymous, the main
text should be 2 pages in length, with an optional third page for glossed
examples, references, or figures (Note: use a third page for examples only
when they are non-English examples and are glossed.) Abstracts are due before
January 10, 2023 and should be submitted via EasyChair. We expect to notify
authors of their acceptance before the end of February.

Submission link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=stal2023

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org