33.3806, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling/Canada

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Dec 11 20:12:49 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3806. Sun Dec 11 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3806, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling/Canada

Moderators:

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 20:12:09
From: Rosemary Webb [rosemarywebb at uvic.ca]
Subject: 39th Northwest Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 39th Northwest Linguistics Conference
Short Title: NWLC39

Date: 13-May-2023 - 14-May-2023
Location: Victoria, BC; and virtual (Zoom), Canada
Contact Person: Rosemary Webb
Meeting Email: nwlc at uvic.ca
Web Site: https://nwlc39.wixsite.com/uvic

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 03-Feb-2023

Meeting Description:

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Victoria is pleased to host
the 39th annual Northwest Linguistics Conference. The conference will be a
hybrid format, with options to attend in-person in Victoria, British Columbia,
or attend virtually over Zoom.
​The conference will run May 13–May 14, 2023.

The theme for this year’s conference will be “community-building”. This could
include building community between disciplines, between academic and
non-academic institutions, between individual language practitioners and
workers, or between entire language communities. Specific examples include the
coming together of linguists and computer scientists in areas such as
computational linguistics, or the collaboration between linguists, language
workers, and language communities in areas such as Indigenous language
revitalization and reclamation.

Call for Papers:

Our full Call for Papers can be viewed on our website:
https://nwlc39.wixsite.com/uvic/

All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another
journal or conference.

Abstracts should be submitted by February 3rd, 2023. Notice of acceptance or
rejection will be sent by March 6th, 2023. We encourage authors to submit
abstracts related to the theme, though we welcome abstracts from all areas of
linguistics. We invite submissions for either oral presentations or posters.
Oral presentations will be 20 minutes + 10 minutes for questions.

Abstract requirements:
- Fully anonymous; author names should not appear in the abstract or file name
(including numerous references to one’s own work)
- 1-2pgs including data and references, single-spaced, 12pt font, 1” margins,
PDF format
- Authors may submit a maximum of one individual abstract and one co-authored
abstract

Abstracts should be submitted through EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nwlc39

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org