33.3985, TOC: Pragmatics and Society 13 / 4 (2022)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 30 21:25:07 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3985. Fri Dec 30 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3985, TOC:  Pragmatics and Society 13 / 4 (2022)

Moderators:

Editor for this issue: Sarah Goldfinch <sgoldfinch at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 21:25:02
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: Pragmatics and Society Vol. 13, No. 4 (2022)

Publisher:	John Benjamins
			http://www.benjamins.com/

Journal Title:  Pragmatics and Society
Volume Number:  13
Issue Number:  4
Issue Date:  2022

Main Text:

2022. iii, 175 pp.

Table of Contents

Forum

Meschonnic, Wittgenstein and translation as form of life
Maíra Mendes-Galvão
pp. 724–731

Articles:

Reduction in and out of context
Jonathan R. White
pp. 555–584

The role of prior and actual situational context in conversational routines
produced by Chinese learners of English
Yuqi Wang
pp. 585–604

Kwame Nkrumah’s construction of ‘the African people’ via the Unite or Perish
myth: A discourse-historical analysis of populist performance
Mark Nartey
pp. 605–624

The performance and relational role of toast intervention in Chinese dining
contexts
Jie Li & Xinren Chen
pp. 625–643

Multivaried acceptance of post-editing in China: Attitude, practice, and
training
Jianwei Zheng & Wenjun Fan
pp. 644–662

Mitigating requesting acts by deaf Jordanian adults
Mohammed Nahar Al-Ali & Salsabeel M. Shatat
pp. 663–683

Situated co-operative creativity
Brian L. Due
pp. 684–702

Trust me, trust my words: Trustworthiness construction in Chinese online
medical crowd-funding discourses
Yansheng Mao & Xin Zhao
pp. 703–724

Book review:

Emma Betz, Arnulf Deppermann, Lorenza Mondada & Marja-Leena Sorjonen, OKAY
across Languages: Toward a Comparative Approach to its Use in
Talk-in-interaction
Reviewed by Theodossia-Soula Pavlidou
pp. 725–729

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis