33.3413, Calls: Pragmatics, Psycholing, Socioling, Translation, Phonetics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 3 06:02:39 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3413. Thu Nov 03 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3413, Calls: Pragmatics, Psycholing, Socioling, Translation, Phonetics/Poland

Moderators:

Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 06:02:08
From: Katarzyna Jankowiak [katarzyna.jankowiak at amu.edu.pl]
Subject: 8th Young Linguists’ Meeting in Poznan

Full Title: 8th Young Linguists’ Meeting in Poznan
Short Title: YLMP2023

Date: 19-May-2023 - 21-May-2023
Location: Poznan, Poland
Contact Person: Katarzyna Jankowiak
Meeting Email: ylmp at wa.amu.edu.pl
Web Site: https://ylmp2023.amu.edu.pl

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 06-Jan-2023

Meeting Description:

Young Linguists’ Meeting in Poznań (YLMP) is a congress organized by and for
young linguists who appreciate the significance of interdisciplinary research
and therefore want to go beyond the traditional branches of linguistics. We
believe that the connection between linguistics and other fields of study,
such as psychology or sociology, is both crucial and pervasive. Our goal is to
present the advantages of an integrated approach and emphasize its importance
for contemporary linguistic research.

Call for Papers:

8th Young Linguists' Meeting in Poznan (YLMP 2023) will take place on 19-21
May 2023 in Poznan, Poland. The conference will be organized by the Faculty of
English, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan. The leitmotif of YLMP2023 is:
“Language and communication in the times of crisis”

We welcome submissions in the following areas:
- psycholinguistics
- cognitive linguistics
- sociolinguistics and discourse studies
- language teaching methodology
- translation and interpreting studies
- experimental linguistics
- pragmatics
- syntax
- neurolinguistics
- clinical linguistics
- phonetics and phonology

PLENARY SPEAKERS:
- Jo Angouri (University of Warwick)
- Sharon O’Brien (Dublin City University)
- Guillaume Thierry (Bangor University & Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan)

IMPORTANT DATES:
Main submission deadline for all abstracts:  January 6th, 2023
Notification of acceptance for papers and posters: February 24th, 2023
Registration deadline: March 31st, 2023
YLMP 2023: 19-21 May 2023

For more information, please visit our website:
www.ylmp2023.amu.edu.pl

YLMP2023 Organizing Committee
Joanna Pawelczyk
Katarzyna Jankowiak