33.3416, Qs: Research Survey Invitation for Peninsular Spanish Speakers / Invitación a una encuesta de investigación para hablantes del español peninsular

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 3 07:52:28 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3416. Thu Nov 03 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3416, Qs: Research Survey Invitation for Peninsular Spanish Speakers / Invitación a una encuesta de investigación para hablantes del español peninsular

Moderators:

Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 07:52:15
From: Caleb Kelley [chkelley at ua.edu]

Greetings,

My name is Caleb H. Kelley, and I am a Ph.D. candidate in Romance Languages at
The University of Alabama. I am conducting a research study called “Sounding
LGBTQ+ and straight in Spain” which aims to find out how speech production and
perception are related to gender and sexual identity throughout communities in
Spain. You are invited to participate.

Taking part in this research involves completing a web survey that includes
audio-recorded responses which will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.

This survey contains questions about your demographics, social network,
linguistic background, and interview questions about everyday topics.

The survey is completely anonymous (i.e., no identifying information will be
collected from you). Only the investigator will have access to the data you
provide, which will be password protected. Only summarized data will be
presented at meetings or in publications.

There will be no direct benefits to you. However, the findings will be useful
to linguists and people who are interested in language and sexuality. There
are only minimal risks, namely those associated with sitting and filling out
forms for a given period of time. You may skip any questions you do not want
to answer. If you have questions about this study, please contact Caleb H.
Kelley at (205) 269-7549 or by email (chkelley at ua.edu). You may also contact
Dr. Erin O’Rourke at eorourke at ua.edu. If you have questions about your rights
as a research participant contact Ms. Tanta Myles (the University Compliance
Officer) at (205) 348-8461 or toll-free at 1-877-820-3066. If you have
complaints or concerns about this study, file them through the UA IRB outreach
website at http://ovpred.ua.edu/research-compliance/prco/. Also, if you
participate, you are encouraged to complete the short Survey for Research
Participants online at this website. This helps UA improve its protection of
human research participants.

Your participation is completely voluntary. You are free not to participate or
stop participating any time before you submit your answers. If you understand
the statements above, are at least 19 years old, and freely consent to be in
this study, click on the link below to begin.

https://universityofalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4PnColKlJqsMKHQ

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Language Family(ies): Romance