33.3477, Qs: Respondents Needed for Survey on Obscene/Offensive English

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 7 03:28:05 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3477. Mon Nov 07 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3477, Qs: Respondents Needed for Survey on Obscene/Offensive English

Moderators:

Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 03:27:50
From: Robert Moncrief [robert.moncrief at helsinki.fi]

Hello,
Are you (or have you been) a teacher or student of English?
Please consider helping me complete my PhD Thesis on obscene/offensive
language in English by filling out my web survey at:
https://tinyurl.com/rmengsur

It’s easy, quick (takes about 5 minutes) and no personal information is
required.
If possible, you could forward this to teachers/students of English to
complete it too! Access to networks of native speakers would be particularly
valuable in my current research, although everyone is welcome.😊
This is the 2nd in a series of two surveys, which will be compared
longitudinally-the first of which was also posted on Linguistlist in 2014-15.

Thank you!

Robert Moncrief
Helsinki University Instructor and PhD Student (Language Centre, Department of
Modern Languages)

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org