33.3502, Support: General Linguistics: PhD, University of East Anglia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 11 01:26:50 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3502. Fri Nov 11 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3502, Support: General Linguistics: PhD, University of East Anglia

Moderators:

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 01:26:31
From: Sally Broughton Micova [s.broughton-micova at uea.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD, University of East Anglia, United Kingdom

 Institution/Organization: University of East Anglia, UK
Department: Politics, Philosophy, Language and Communication Studies

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The School of Politics, Philosophy, Language and Communication Studies at the
University of East Anglia (UEA) seeks high quality and exciting applications
for PhD projects in languages and linguistics. Applications must be completed
in the online application system by 15 December 2022, but applicants are
advised to get in touch with potential supervisors as soon as possible.

The UEA participates in both the ESRC funded SeNSS doctoral training programme
and the AHRC funded CHASE doctoral training programme and we will support
applicants for either depending on the nature of the project.

We are open to a range of topics and methodologies and are especially
interested in supervising PhD on pragmatics, sociolinguistics, interpreting
and audiovisual translation including the reception of translated AV content
and eye tracking, accessibility, subtitling, audio description, and
audiovisual translation for children, ancient textual cultures especially
ancient Egyptian, historical and modern politeness, and Japanese language and
culture.

You will be part of a dynamic department doing excellent research and engaged
in wider impact activities. You will also join a dynamic and engaged group of
PhD scholars within PPL who benefit from collective work and social spaces, an
excellent library, and the lovely environment that the city of Norwich and UEA
Campus provide.

Feel free to contact potential supervisors directly or the PPL Director of
Postgraduate studies, Sally Broughton Micova at s.broughton-micova at uea.ac.uk
with questions.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2022

Web Address for Applications: https://www.uea.ac.uk/apply/postgraduate/research