33.3503, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Translation: Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics, California State University Channel Islands

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 11 01:53:21 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3503. Fri Nov 11 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3503, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Translation: Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics, California State University Channel Islands

Moderators:

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 01:52:44
From: Tony Ngo [tony at jobelephant.com]
Subject: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Translation: Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics, California State University Channel Islands, Camarillo, CA, USA

University or Organization: California State University Channel Islands
Department: Spanish Program
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: https://www.csuci.edu/academics/spanish.htm
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Translation

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Effective Date of Appointment:  August 17, 2023 (Subject to Budgetary
Approval)

About the University:
California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) opened in 2002 as the
newest campus in the California State University system. Since that time, the
University has grown and developed into one of the premier public
universities, not only in the California State University system, but also in
the nation. Indeed, U.S. News & World Report listed CSUCI as 12th among “Top
Public Universities in the West” in the current edition of Best Colleges
Rankings. In 2020, CollegeNET also ranked CSUCI 20th out of over 1,449 schools
in its “Social Mobility Index,” and Money Magazine rated CSUCI as the 15th
“Most Transformative College” in the nation.

Diversity Statement:
CSUCI is committed to recruiting individuals who are dedicated to furthering
inclusive excellence in our campus community. We seek to enhance our diverse
University population by welcoming people from all backgrounds, and by working
to sustain an environment where colleagues can not only work and learn, but
also create and thrive.

About the Program:
The CSUCI Spanish Program currently offers a major and minor in Spanish along
with certificate programs in Spanish translation and healthcare interpreting.
We offer our diverse student body the opportunity to develop their language
skills and linguistic knowledge while deepening their understanding of the
peoples and cultures of the Spanish-speaking world. Our wide range of classes
allows students to choose from courses focusing on language, literature,
linguistics, translation, interpretation, culture, film, pedagogy, Spanish for
the professions, and more. Our students are also actively engaged in
service-learning, community engagement, and undergraduate research
experiences. Many of our students are also double majors and go on to
successful careers in education, healthcare, translation, business,
non-profit, and a diverse array of other professional pursuits.

About the Position:
CSUCI is committed to the teacher-scholar model. The ideal candidate has a
genuine love of undergraduate teaching and a strong disposition for working
collaboratively with colleagues to best serve our students. At CSUCI, a
full-time teaching assignment for Assistant Professors typically consists of
three classes per semester during the first two years of the appointment,
followed by four classes per semester starting in the third year. Our faculty
balance teaching with an active program of scholarship, professional
development, and service on behalf of the program, the university, and the
greater community.

Application Deadline:
Screening of applications will begin January 23, 2023. Priority will be given
to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will
remain open until filled.

Please view the full position description and apply via the link below.

Application Deadline: 23-Jan-2023 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://apptrkr.com/3628045
Contact Information:
	Faculty Affairs
	Email: academicpersonnel at csuci.edu