33.3629, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Data Scientist, NBME

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 22 02:24:17 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3629. Tue Nov 22 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3629, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Data Scientist, NBME

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 02:23:56
From: Alison Foster [afoster at nbme.org]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Data Scientist, NBME, Remote

University or Organization: NBME
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; NLP

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Office of Research Strategy (ORS) at NBME ® is currently seeking a Data
Scientist. In The Office of Research Strategy (ORS) at NBME, we develop
next-generation assessments of healthcare professionals and conduct research
related to these assessments. Areas of research and development include the
application of data science (Natural Language Processing/Machine Learning) to
problems in educational measurement and test development such as technology
assisted text scoring and automated item generation, modeling of process data,
simulations and serious games, and applied collaborative research at the
intersection between data science, psychometrics, and measurement science in
education and credentialing of healthcare professionals.

The Data Scientist role will apply strong technical and analytical skills to
the research and development of novel assessments of healthcare professionals.
The ideal candidate is a scholar interested in an exciting and productive
research environment that allows for the development of expertise in
cutting-edge educational technology.

This role has been designated as primarily remote which means it generally
does not require onsite work more than an average of 1 time per month and may
require additional prescheduled onsite work. Options to work in-person in
Philadelphia are also available.

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
At NBME, we continue to innovate and improve how we fulfill the evolving needs
of the health care community. This commitment starts with the people at NBME.
By recruiting and empowering talented individuals from various disciplines and
backgrounds, which includes professionals with diverse life experiences,
abilities, and perspectives, NBME can take a well-informed, robust approach to
advancing medical education and assessment for years to come. We also continue
to focus on ensuring that our DEI work is impactful and ingrained in
everything we do, including with our staff, workplace culture, products and
services, the Philadelphia community, and the broader medical education
landscape.

Learn more and apply via the application link below.

Web Address for Applications: https://nbme.applicantpro.com/jobs/2656127.html
Contact Information:
	Bobby Brelsford
	Email: rbrelsford at nbme.org