33.3166, Week 1 Challenge Update!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 19 02:04:14 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3166. Wed Oct 19 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3166, Week 1 Challenge Update!

Moderators:

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 02:03:50
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Week 1 Challenge Update!

Hello Linguist Listers,

Welcome to our first challenge update of the year!

We have made some progress on our goal and are officially at 10% as of today,
a large portion of which has come from the syntax subfield! The syntacticians
are currently at the top of our Subfield Challenge with $1170 donated. In
second place, we have discourse analysis with $380 donated and in third place,
we have language acquisition with $330 donated. The syntacticians always make
a strong showing in our subfield challenge and this year is no exception.

In our university challenge we have the University of South Carolina in the
lead with a solid $760 donated. In second place we have Arizona State
University with a hefty $500 donated and rounding out the top 3 we have the
University of Kaiserslautern with a solid $200 donated.

In our region challenge, we have north america in 1st place with 27 donors.
Europe in second place with 11 donors and the middle east and australia both
with 1 donor so far.

As always, we want to give hearty thanks to those of you who have already
donated and if you see a group you identify with in the runnings for one of
our challenges, remember that you can help put your group on top with a
donation of your own!

Not only do your donations help put your team on top in the challenges but
they also help us to keep the LINGUIST List running for you and all of our
beloved subscribers.

If you are interested in donating, you can do so by visiting our website here:
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Thank you so much for your support!

Your LINGUIST List Team

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org