33.3205, Qs: Looking for a Maldivian speaker of English for a research project

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 23 06:08:05 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3205. Sun Oct 23 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3205, Qs: Looking for a Maldivian speaker of English for a research project

Moderators:

Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 06:06:04
From: Nina Funke [Nina.Funke at anglistik.uni-giessen.de]

Dear LINGUIST list readers,

For a research project on linguistic epicentres in South Asian Englishes
(https://www.uni-giessen.de/faculties/f05/engl/ling/research/ongoing), we are
looking for Maldivian speakers of English to provide a short speech sample of
approx. 20 seconds. Of course, we would use this recording for academic
purposes only (i.e. implicit attitude elicitation).

Please get in touch if you are a Maldivian speaker of English and would be
willing to provide such a speech sample or know someone who might be able to
help here. Your support would be highly appreciated!

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org