33.3300, Qs: Call for Participation: Research study on French programs and Teaching Assistants

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 28 01:26:04 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3300. Fri Oct 28 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3300, Qs: Call for Participation: Research study on French programs and Teaching Assistants

Moderators:

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 01:25:47
From: Camille Meritan [cmeritan at bentley.edu]

Dear colleagues,

We are conducting a study on French Graduate programs in the U.S. and are
interested in learning about French language programs and courses taught by
Teaching Assistants. We are also interested in learning about the
decision-making process regarding course assignments.
If you oversee a graduate program in French that offers Teaching
Assistantships we would greatly appreciate your participation. Completing this
online survey will take no more than 25 minutes of your time. Upon completion
of the survey, you will also be able to enter a lottery to win one of three
$150 Amazon gift card. This survey is completely anonymous and neither your
name nor the name of your institution will be collected.

If you choose to participate, we ask that you fill out the first survey here
by December 6, 2022.

Then, we ask that you please forward the paragraph below to French teaching
assistants in your program so that they can complete the second survey.

Thank you for your time and consideration in advance!

Here is the survey again: FRENCH_DepartmentHeadsandCoordinators:
https://bentley.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ko0RQvyoMMlDtI

Dr. Camille Meritan & Dr. Tricia Thrasher
-------------------------------
Please forward to French TAs:
You’re invited to participate in a research study about French Graduate
programs in the U.S. and the courses taught by Teaching Assistants.
Completing this online survey will take no more than 25 minutes of your time.
Upon completion of the survey, you will also be able to enter a lottery to win
one of three $150 Amazon gift card. This survey is completely anonymous and
neither your name nor the name of your institution will be collected.

If you choose to participate, we ask that you fill out the survey here by
December 6, 2022. At the end of the survey, you will also be invited to
indicate your interest in participating in an optional follow-up 30-45 minute
interview on Zoom during January 2022.

Thank you for your time and consideration in advance!

Here is the survey again: FRENCH_TAs
https://bentley.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3jYcYQZymnIjdK6

 Dr. Camille Meritan & Dr. Tricia Thrasher

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): French (fra)

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org