34.1097, Fund Drive Challenge

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Apr 2 00:05:02 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-1097. Sun Apr 02 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.1097, Fund Drive Challenge

Moderator: Malgorzata E. Cavar, Francis Tyers (linguist at linguistlist.org)
Managing Editor: Lauren Perkins
Team: Helen Aristar-Dry, Steven Franks, Everett Green, Joshua Sims, Daniel Swanson, Matthew Fort, Maria Lucero Guillen Puon, Zackary Leech, Lynzie Coburn

Editor for this issue: Zachary Leech <zleech at linguistlist.org>

From: Zachary Leech [zleech at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive Challenge

Our Linguist List Fund Drive 2023 is underway! We appreciate everyone
that has contributed to our Fund Drive, without you none of this would
be possible, as these funds help fund our student editors and website
operations.

We are on our way to $30,000! With one week down, let’s see how the
competition stacks up:

In our Subfield Competition, Semantics still leads the way! Close on
their heels is Pragmatics, with $560, followed by General Linguistics
and Psycholinguistics.

In our University Competition, Cornell leads the pack in a wide field,
joined by University of South Carolina, Ball State University, El
Colegio de México, and more! Keep representing your university!

Our Country Competition shows a wide range of participation, including
contributions from Spain, Poland and Japan, among many nations. While
the US has the lead, there's plenty of time to catch up! We love to
see the international community come together to support us, as well
as the international linguistics community.

If you would like to keep track of the competitions, you can check the
current rankings at https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/challenges!

Want to support the Linguist List and represent your nation,
university, and subfield? Make a donation at
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate and make sure to tune in to
the results of the competition throughout the month!

The winner of each challenge will receive a feature in the special
post at the end of the Fund Drive. This is a great opportunity to draw
attention to your school, program, personal projects, so get your
donations in now!

American Dialect Society/Duke University Press http://dukeupress.edu

Bloomsbury Publishing (formerly The Continuum International Publishing Group) http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/

Brill http://www.brill.com