34.661, FYI: Call for Book Chapter Contributions “Artificial Intelligence and Language Education: Promises, Challenges, and Applications”

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 23 10:05:06 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-661. Thu Feb 23 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.661, FYI: Call for Book Chapter Contributions “Artificial Intelligence and Language Education: Promises, Challenges, and Applications”

Moderator: Malgorzata E. Cavar, Francis Tyers (linguist at linguistlist.org)
Managing Editor: Lauren Perkins
Team: Helen Aristar-Dry, Steven Franks, Everett Green, Sarah Robinson, Joshua Sims, Jeremy Coburn, Daniel Swanson, Matthew Fort, Maria Lucero Guillen Puon, Billy Dickson

From: Chaoran Wang [chaowang at colby.edu]

Dear Colleagues,

We, Dr. Chaoran Wang (Colby College) and Dr. Zhongfeng Tian (Rutgers
University), are calling for chapter proposals for our upcoming edited
volume tentatively titled “Artificial Intelligence and Language
Education: Promises, Challenges, and Applications.” The book will be
submitted to Routledge. Here is a link to the full call: https://drive
.google.com/file/d/1dxI6shs8MfViE15tVJ4oGfmCufnrAn40/view?usp=sharing

Our goal is to bring together researchers and practitioners to the
critical conversation surrounding the issues of human-AI
collaboration/interaction in language education. We welcome
multi-/trans-disciplinary perspectives including language learning,
writing/literacy studies, and educational technologies to contribute
to this emergent field. Furthermore, we welcome a range of works
including conceptual perspectives, empirical studies, and pedagogical
pieces covering diverse contexts, regardless of instruction level
(K-12 or higher education), delivery method (face-to-face or
online/hybrid), or the languages taught (English, Spanish, Mandarin or
other named languages).

If you are interested, please send a proposal including a tentative
title, author list, and abstract (300-word max) by April 30, 2023.
Prospective authors will be notified on May 15, 2023. Proposals &
queries should be submitted to Chaoran Wang at chaowang at colby.edu and
Zhongfeng Tian at zhongfeng.tian at rutgers.edu.

Please also feel free to circulate this call for book chapters with
colleagues who may be interested. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Chaoran & Zhongfeng

Bloomsbury Publishing (formerly The Continuum International Publishing Group) http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/

Brill http://www.brill.com