34.175, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Phonology: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Michigan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 19 04:02:47 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-175. Thu Jan 19 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.175, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Phonology: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Michigan

Moderators:

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:02:17
From: Val Murphree [lingadmin at umich.edu]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Phonology: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA

University or Organization: University of Michigan
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: https://lsa.umich.edu/linguistics
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonology

Specialty Areas: computational approaches to linguistics, computational
linguistics, or phonology

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Michigan invites
applications for a two-year position, beginning August 28, 2023. We seek
exemplary applicants who hold a Ph.D. in Linguistics or a related field who
apply computational methods to research in linguistics.  Applicants with
primary or secondary specialization in computational linguistics and/or
phonology are especially encouraged to apply, although we will also strongly
consider outstanding applicants in other subfields.

The position, partially endowed by the journal Language Learning, involves
teaching two courses per year and continuing an innovative research program.
Strong consideration will be given to applicants who can develop and teach
introductory and upper level courses to help students learn and apply
programming and other computational methods and tools to language.

We strongly encourage applications from scholars who represent identities,
perspectives, and backgrounds that are not widely represented in the academy.
The University of Michigan is home to diverse networks of scholars who offer
support and guidance to colleagues whose identities may not otherwise be
widely represented here.

To apply, please see the application link provided below. The dossier should
include:
 - A letter of application,
 - A curriculum vitae,
 - Research and teaching statements,
 - A statement of  commitment to diversity and inclusion,
 - Two representative publications or other writings,
 - Evidence of teaching excellence, and
 - The names and emails of three recommenders who can address the scholarly
promise of the research program and the applicant's pedagogical experiences.

Review of applications will begin on February 20, 2023 (open until filled).

Questions about the search should be directed to lingsearch at umich.edu

Application Deadline: 20-Feb-2023 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/229204/postdoctoral-research-fellow-specializing-computational-modeling-andor
Contact Information:
	Val Murphree
	Email: lingsearch at umich.edu