34.220, Calls: Portuguese; Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 24 02:33:53 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-220. Tue Jan 24 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.220, Calls: Portuguese; Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/United Kingdom

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 02:31:42
From: Yuxin Ge [catedra-camoes at lancaster.ac.uk]
Subject: L2 Portuguese @ Lancaster

Full Title: L2 Portuguese @ Lancaster
Short Title: L2P at L 2023

Date: 13-Jul-2023 - 14-Jul-2023
Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Yuxin Ge
Meeting Email: catedra-camoes at lancaster.ac.uk
Web Site: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/heritage-language/l2pl2023/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): Portuguese (por)

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2023

Meeting Description:

We aim to bring together researchers and students from a variety of
disciplines (linguistics, cognitive psychology, education, neuroscience, etc.)
who share an interest in the acquisition, processing or teaching of L2
Portuguese across the lifespan and in a variety of settings (in the classroom
and in the wild, face to face and in digital environments).

Call for Papers:

International L2 Portuguese conference, July 2023, Lancaster University, UK

We are inviting proposals for presentations at L2P at L 2023, a two-day
international conference focusing on Portuguese as an additional language (L2,
L3, L4, Ln). The conference will take place in Lancaster, UK, July 13-14,
2023. The abstract submission deadline is March 31, 2023.

Conference website: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/heritage-language/l2pl2023/

Invited Speakers
- Dana Gablasova (Lancaster)
- Miquel Llompart (Barcelona)
- Amália Mendes (Lisbon)
- Anabela Rato (Toronto)
- João Veríssimo (Lisbon)

We welcome submissions in all areas and approaches to the study of L2
Portuguese, and we encourage submissions independently of the variety of
Portuguese being studied.
We aim to bring together researchers and students from a variety of
disciplines (linguistics, cognitive psychology, education, neuroscience, etc.)
who share an interest in the acquisition, processing or teaching of L2
Portuguese across the lifespan and in a variety of settings (in the classroom
and in the wild, face to face and in digital environments).

Abstracts can be submitted (via Easy Chair) from January 16, 2023. The
submission deadline is March 31, 2023. Notifications of acceptance will be
communicated by April 30, 2023. For more information, please visit our
website.

The conference is an event of the Heritage Language 2 Consortium (HL2C) and
Lancaster University’s Camões Cátedra for Multilingualism and Diversity.

Organizing Committee: Sophie Bennett, Cindy Ge and Patrick Rebuschat

Contact: All questions should be emailed to catedra-camoes at lancaster.ac.uk.

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org