34.221, Calls: Socioling, Disc Analysis, Ling & Literature, Philosophy of Lang, Text/Corpus Ling/United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 24 02:46:52 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-221. Tue Jan 24 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.221, Calls: Socioling, Disc Analysis, Ling & Literature, Philosophy of Lang, Text/Corpus Ling/United Kingdom

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 02:45:36
From: Tamsin Parnell [tamsin.parnell at nottingham.ac.uk]
Subject: DiscPol23: Discourse and politics in times of crisis

Full Title: DiscPol23: Discourse and politics in times of crisis
Short Title: DiscPol23

Date: 11-Apr-2023 - 13-Apr-2023
Location: Online, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Tamsin Parnell
Meeting Email: discourseandpolitics at gmail.com
Web Site: https://discourseandpolitics2023.wordpress.com

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Ling & Literature; Philosophy of Language; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 24-Feb-2023

Meeting Description:

A multidisciplinary conference on discourses surrounding (inter)national
crises

Call for Papers:

DiscPol23: Discourse and politics in times of crisis

We are pleased to announce a new online Discourse and Politics conference to
take place 11-13th April 2023 on the theme of Discourse and politics in times
of crisis. The conference recognises that we are living through a period of
multiple acute global and national crises with vast socio-political
implications and is interested in representations of and responses to these
crises.

We invite abstracts from a variety of disciplines for 20-minute papers. Topics
could include but are not limited to:

- Economic crisis (including the cost-of-living / energy / housing crises)

- Climate crisis

- COVID and other health crises

- “Migration crises”

- Activist responses to crises

If your research falls outside of the themes listed above but meets the
criteria of work on discourse, politics and crisis, please outline the broader
theme of your paper in your application.

Please submit your abstracts (max. 300 words, excluding references) by 24 Feb
2023. We particularly welcome submissions from PGR and ECR researchers.

For more information and for the abstract submission form, please visit our
webpage: https://discourseandpolitics2023.wordpress.com

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org