34.385, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 31 00:49:28 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-385. Tue Jan 31 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.385, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/Germany

Moderators:

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 00:48:47
From: Svenja Kranich [bael at uni-bonn.de]
Subject: Twelfth Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference

Full Title: Twelfth Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference
Short Title: BAELc12

Date: 07-Jul-2023 - 08-Jul-2023
Location: University Forum (FIW), Heussallee 18-24, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Contact Person: Elisabeth Reber
Meeting Email: bael at uni-bonn.de
Web Site: https://www.applied-linguistics.uni-bonn.de/en/news-and-events/bael-conferences

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 17-Mar-2023

Meeting Description:

The 12th iteration of the Bonn Applied English Linguistics (BAELc12)
conference will take place on Friday, July 7th and Saturday, July 8th, 2023.
The conference location will be the University Forum (FIW), Heussalee 18-24,
53113 Bonn.

The focus of this year’s conference will be on Diversity. Our keynote speaker
will be Professor Dr. Elizabeth Stokoe. A second keynote speaker will be
announced in the following weeks. Papers from all areas of applied linguistics
are welcome, however, with a strong preference for papers with an empirical
approach. The conference is open to all who are interested but is aimed
specifically at graduate students (M.A. and PhD) and post-docs.

Updated information on the BAELc12 will be posted on our website in the coming
months:
https://www.applied-linguistics.uni-bonn.de/en/news-and-events/bael-conference

Call for Papers:

Twelfth Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference (BAELc12)
- Applied Linguistics: Diversity –

 Friday, July 7th and Saturday, July 8th, 2023

1st Keynote speaker: Professor Elizabeth Stokoe (London School of Economics
and Political Science)
2nd Keynote speaker: tba

The focus of this year’s conference will be on Diversity. Papers from all
areas of applied linguistics are welcome, however, with a strong preference
for papers with an empirical approach. The conference is open to all who are
interested but aimed specifically at graduate students (M.A. and PhD) and
post-docs.

Please send your proposals to bael at uni-bonn.de by March 17th, 2023. Abstracts
should be approximately 300 words long and show a clear research objective.
Please also include a short bio-note of maximally 100 words in your email.

Speakers will have 20 minutes for their presentation, followed by a brief Q&A
session. The conference will be conducted entirely in English.

We will inform you whether you have been accepted for the BAELc12 via e-mail
by the beginning of April.

The conference is planned as an in-person event. All talks will be held in the
rooms of the University Forum (FIW), Heussallee 18-24, 53113 Bonn, on Friday,
July 7th and Saturday, July 8th, 2023.

Additional information concerning the conference can be found on our website:
https://www.applied-linguistics.uni-bonn.de/en/news-and-events/bael-conference

If you have any questions, please email bael at uni-bonn.de.

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org