34.983, All: We are now accepting nominations for the LINGUIST List's Rising Stars series!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 21 23:05:02 UTC 2023

LINGUIST List: Vol-34-983. Tue Mar 21 2023. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 34.983, All: We are now accepting nominations for the LINGUIST List's Rising Stars series!

Moderator: Malgorzata E. Cavar, Francis Tyers (linguist at linguistlist.org)
Managing Editor: Lauren Perkins
Team: Helen Aristar-Dry, Steven Franks, Everett Green, Sarah Robinson, Joshua Sims, Jeremy Coburn, Daniel Swanson, Matthew Fort, Maria Lucero Guillen Puon, Billy Dickson

From: Everett Green [everett at linguistlist.org]

This is one of the programs that we run during our Annual Fund Drive
where we feature undergraduate and MA students who have gone above and
beyond the classroom to participate in the wider field of linguistics.
Selected nominees should exemplify a commitment to not only academic
performance, but also to the field of linguistics and principles of
scientific inquiry. We are looking for those undergraduate and MA
students who are excited about participating in the global community
of linguistic researchers. Students need not already be published, but
should have already contributed in some way to the linguistics
community.

We ask that students be nominated by a mentor or advisor (or two
mentors). Please include a short description of why this student is a
"Rising Star" in linguistics, and any relevant supplemental links to
their work.

Rising Stars Nomination Form:
https://forms.gle/1whqbteWpkqbqbZY6

Sincerely,