LL-L: "Verse" [E/LS] LOWLANDS-L, 07.MAY.1999 (01)

R. Hahn rhahn at u.washington.edu
Fri May 7 14:24:50 UTC 1999

 Do not send a request to the list or to the administrator unless there are
 genuine technical problems. Thanks.

From: E-Tesh at t-online.de
Subject: Lyrics [LS/E]

Moin moin, leeve L{ue}{ue}d!

Peter Stornebrink hett mi v{oe}r`n Tied fraagt, wat ik denn so schriev.
Wieldat ik op Platt schriev, hebb ik mi dacht, dat ik mien Gedichten
(de nich as Book ruutkamen ward) nah un nah in uns List ruutgeev.
De Gedichten ward in de Reeg, in de ik se schreven hebb, kamen.

(Peter Stornebrink asked me some time ago what I am writing, so I thought
it a good idea to send my poems into the world by this list. Lyrics and
especially Low Saxon lyrics are hard to be sold in Germany, I don`t know
why. There won`t be all my poems at one time (they are to many) but
they will come one by one in the order I wrote them.)

{Oe}wer een Reakschoon vun Ju w{oe}{oe}r ik mi freien.

(Every reaction will be appreciated.)

Un nu dat eerst Gedicht:
(There is an english translation!)

Ik heff Di dat seggt,
dat ik dat nich wull,
man Du hest nich op mi h{oe}rt.

Du hest dat nich gl{oe}{oe}vt,
dat ik dat nich wull,
un hest dat maakt ane mi.

Un so is dat j{ue}mmers west,
dat Du nich op mi h{oe}rst
un mi nich gl{oe}{oe}vst.

Nu is dat {oe}wer,
nu is dat v{oe}rbi.
Ik licht miene Fl{oe}gels
un fleeg ane Di.

(engelsch {Oe}wersetten:

I told you that
that I didn`t want that,
but you didn`t listen to me.

You didn`t believe
that I didn`t want that,
and did it without me.

And so it has always been,
that you didn`t listen
and didn`t believe me.

Now it is over,
now it is gone.
I rose my wings
and fly without you.)

Ik hoff, dat hett ju gefullen.
(I hope you liked it.)

Adj{ue}ss, that`s all folks!

Anja

PS: When writing me in private quote "Anja" as subject!

 * Please submit contributions to <LOWLANDS-L at u.washington.edu>.
 * Commands for automated functions (including "unsubscribe
   lowlands-l") are to be sent to <listproc at lists.u.washington.edu>.
 * Postings are to be composed solely by means of characters within
   the US ASCII range, since characters outside this range cannot be
   read by the majority of subscribers. Characters outside the range
   ought to be represented differently (e.g., u" or ue for u-umlaut, or
   @ for schwa).