LL-L: "Administrativa" (was "Romance connections") LOWLANDS-L, 12.NOV.1999 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 23:49:50 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 12.NOV.1999 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: Jorge Potter <jorgepot at caribe.net>
Subject: LL-L: "Romance connections" LOWLANDS-L, 12.NOV.1999 (04)  [E/Spanish]

Ron,

I did not generate the following:

>> In a message dated 10/18/99 6:54:01 PM Central Standard Time,
>> sassisch at yahoo.com writes:

If the machine generated this because I sent it to the wrong address, then
I'm still confused about what I did wrong.

Jorge

----------

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Jorge,

Mea culpa.  Apologies.  I just realized that your quote had *two* carets in
front of it, which means that you have merely quoted a previous posting that
contained the quoting error. Lo siento.

Dear Lowlanders,

This coming Wednesday (November 17), the good people at LINGUIST will move all
lists to a new and better server and at the same time install a new and
improved version of the list server's software.  This will also ensure Y2K
compatibility.  This is what I was told:

"This will be a significant upgrade: the machine you will be moving to is a
Sun 450 2-Processor Server, which is much more powerful than the Sun Ultra
from which your lists are presently run."

Hopefully there will be no disruption, but if there are, they will be
temporary, and I ask that you bear with the inconvenience.  There will be no
changes in the way we operate, and all addresses will also remain the same.
Should you experience any technical problems with Lowlands-L specifically
after Wednesday, please report it so they can be addressed.

If there is any relevant news on that, I will pass them on to you.

Best regards,