LL-L: "Web resources" LOWLANDS-L, 18.NOV.1999 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 19:43:44 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 18.NOV.1999 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject:  Grammar

Dear Lowlanders,

Some time ago I drew your attention to my web presentation of basic Low Saxon
(Low German) forms in North Saxon dialects:
<http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn/low-saxon/index.htm> (with a choice
of English and German).

Among other things I presented a basic list of strong verbs and their
mutations.  A few of you responded by saying that they would prefer a more
detailed list containing all forms for all persons.  At long last I can offer
you such a list, which also accommodates dialectal variation (within the North

Saxon group on the German side of the border).  To reach it, please go to the
"Verbs" page, then to "Conjugation of Strong Verbs," and then click on the
link that promises detailed information.  (The same applies to the German
choice, with German equivalents of these labels.)

I would certainly be interested in your response, corrections, suggestions, or

whatever (sent to sassisch at yahoo.com).  However, please bear in mind that this

is supposed to be basic, easy-to-use reference material with non-linguist
users in mind.

Probably next will be a simple introduction to orthography and phonology, and
perhaps a selection of sample texts in different dialects.  There might even
be the odd sound file, at the very least phonetic transcriptions.

(By the way, does anyone know what is involved in producing sound files that
can be played with the Real Player program?)

Thanks.