LL-L: "Ethnonyms" LOWLANDS-L, 22.OCT.1999 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 16:46:07 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 22.OCT.1999 (03) * ISSN 1089-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: Braw1 at aol.com
Subject: LL-L: "Ethnonyms" LOWLANDS-L, 21.OCT.1999 (06) [E]

 I read, some time ago, that the Gypsies are christians of western India.
And aided, western christians in the crusades.  However, since their people
were nomadic, they lost their traditional lands in India to Islamists.  Is
there any truth to this?
What a most interesting people.
 Are these people(romani) related to the tinkers and caravan peoples in
Britain? I knew of a tinker family in Kirkcaldy, Scotland. They eventually
settled into houses but kept their caravans as second homes when working on
contruction sites all over Scotland.
-Mark