LL-L: "Folklore" LOWLANDS-L, 19.DEC.2000 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 00:54:58 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.DEC.2000 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Pat Reynolds [pat at caerlas.demon.co.uk]
Subject: LL-L: "Folklore" (was "Literature") LOWLANDS-L, 19.DEC.2000 (03)
[D/E/LS]

I don't know the distribution of the Sandman, but can perhaps contribute
to the distribution map: I was brought up in Northamptonshire (i.e. East
Midlands), and think both my mother, who came from that area, and my
father (Nottinghamshre/South Yorkshire) knew that you had to go to sleep
or the sandman would get you.

I particularly associate this with my father, but this may be because I
thought the sandman was the jobbing builder from whom he occasionally
purchased sand and cement ...

Best wishes to all,
--
Pat Reynolds