LL-L: "Grammar" LOWLANDS-L, 22.FEB.2000 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 20:53:04 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 22.FEB.2000 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: Peter Stornebrink [frlboppe at direct.ca]
Subject: LL-L: "Grammar" LOWLANDS-L, 22.FEB.2000 (01) [E]

Hi Ron,

I am familiar with the use of "to get to", in the examples you have
mentioned, here in Canada as well.

Peter Stornebrink, Victoria B.C., Canada

----------

From: "Ian James Parsley" <parsley at highbury.fsnet.co.uk>

Ron,

Well, I would happily use any of your first three examples (whether I was in
England or NI), but not the fourth. Maybe that gives you some hints on
usage?
Ian James Parsley
http://www.gcty.com/parsleyij
"JOY - Jesus, Others, You"