LL-L: "Web resources" LOWLANDS-L, 13.JAN.2000 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 20:13:20 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 13.JAN.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: "Ian James Parsley" <parsley at highbury.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject: Web Resources

Colin,

It would appear great minds think alike! I have always wanted to learn
Irish (for several reasons in fact), the only thing holding me back is that
the vast majority of classes are in fiercely nationalists areas aimed at
people for political reasons. However, there are some that are run on a
cross-community basis. I would love to sign up for one of these, but I
don't actually know where I'll be in, say, six months' time, so I haven't
been able to as yet.

That doesn't really take away the essence of my point, as I'm sure
you'd agree, namely that Scots and Gaelic have a lot more to gain by working
together than by against each other.

It also doesn't take anything away from my great respect for Ole Stig's
and Radio Danmark's work. Tusend tak!

Best,
Ian James Parsley
http://www.gcty.com/parsleyij