LL-L: "Loanwords" LOWLANDS-L, 11.MAY.2000 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 14:48:54 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 11.MAY.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Mike Adams [abrigon at yahoo.com]
Subject: Bungee/Rubber

Well, I believe the idea of Bungee cords are from New Guinea. The locals
there to prove their manhood will build a tower and then use local vines
and then jump from the tower. First time I heard of it was like 1970's..
But yes Bungee Cords were invented laters on..

Well, think I have heard it used that way, but it was years ago when I
was a kid and I have not heard it sinces..

Mike
Alaska