LL-L: "Offline resources" LOWLANDS-L, 15.NOV.2000 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 21:35:31 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 15.NOV.2000 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Henry Baron [baro at calvin.edu]
Subject: LL-L: "Offline resources" LOWLANDS-L, 15.NOV.2000 (01) [E]

Thanks for the encouragement, Catherine.  I agree completely with the need for
making a good resource like this available in English; but it's no small
task.  However, I'll continue to pursue it.

-henry baron

From: Catherine Buma [cpunzy at hotmail.com]
Subject: Offline Resource

Concerning...

("The other Friesland: Following in Oebele's footsteps: A
>program series by Omrop Fryslân about the three Frieslands then and
now").

I think that someone mentioned adding English subtitles to this production;
please please do!  (I think that it was Henry Baron?)

There are many English speakers out there who are very interested in the
Frisian language and history but do not speak Frisian themselves.  This is a
frustrating state to be in as it is difficult to find quality resources
concerning Friesland in English.

Thanks

Catherine Buma