LL-L: "Jargon" LOWLANDS-L, 01.OCT.2000 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 23:24:40 UTC 2000

  L O W L A N D S - L * 01.OCT.2000 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Lee [glent at troi.csw.net]
Subject: Language varieties

John you wrote:

>From: john feather [johnfeather at sceptic1.freeserve.co.uk]
>Subject: Language varieties
>
>Thanks to Ed for the explanation of "wedgie". I have heard it a thousand
>times on TV and never understood its precise meaning. Only recently have I

>learned what an "Oreo cookie" is since they are now sold in supermarkets
>here. Can anyone tell me what a "twinkie" is (a person, not the
>comestible)?
>
>John Feather johnfeather at sceptic1.freeserve.co.uk

A twinkie is a little oblong shaped cake with a creamy white filling made
by a company called Hostess.  I'm not sure if that is the twinkie you are
talking about though.  We Just call them Hostess Twinkies or twinkies.  Hee

hee!

Hey, Oreos are great and have been around for decades on end! :)
As far as wedgies go--don't want to remember those! ;)

Douglas Lee Swicegood

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Help needed

John,

> Can anyone tell me what a "twinkie" is (a person, not the
> comestible)?

Perhaps what is usually referred to as "twink"?  If so, it denotes a young,
slim, clean-shaven and preppy-looking gay man.  I can only guess that it
was derived from the food called "Twinkie".

I hope this helped.