LL-L: "Administrativa" LOWLANDS-L, 03.OCT.2000 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 00:13:21 UTC 2000

 L O W L A N D S - L * 03.OCT.2000 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Roger Thijs [roger.thijs at euro-support.be]
Subject: LL-L: "Administrativa" LOWLANDS-L, 02.OCT.2000 (04) [E]

> From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
> Subject: Administrativa
> We now need a welcoming page in Limburgish.  Can anyone oblige?

I have handcoded in html, a text in Limburgish I forwarded earlier.
You find it on: http://www.euro-support.be/ll.htm
I will leave it there for a week. It may be used if it is judged convenient.

My browsers are too intelligent for doing a decent check: they pas accents,
even when they are not properly coded. Sorry if I overlooked a couple of them.

Regards,
Roger
www.euro-support.be

----------

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Administrativa

Thanks a lot, Roger!

The Limburgish version is now up and can be accessed by clicking on "Limburgs"
on our home page (http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/).  I had
to add "Zeeuws" to the text.  Is that all right, or do you call those
varieties something different in Limburgish?

Versions in other Lowlandic varieties are welcome.  It is all right if they
are different dialects of the languages whose versions are already posted;
e.g., other varieties of Low Saxon (Low German), Frisian, Scots or English.
Versions in Lowlands-based contact languages would be most welcome (e.g.,
Petjo, Gullah, Tok Pisin, Black Zeelandic ["Negerhollands"], or Berbice
Dutch).

Talking about Lowlands-based creoles, I recommend this very interesting
Dutch-language article about Zeelandic-based creoles written by our own Marco
Evenhuis:
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/evenhuis/belbel2.htm

The online and offline resource lists project continues, and tips, suggestions
and any other kind of assistance would be most welcome.  Lighthearted material
is all right.  However, we do not want to list resources that come across as
ridiculing the language varieties we care about.  (Yes, there are some of
those, especially those dealing with language varieties that some consider
low-prestige, non-legitimate languages -- simply out of place in Cyberspace.)

Best regards,