LL-L: "Resources" LOWLANDS-L, 23.APR.2001 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 20:02:38 UTC 2001

 L O W L A N D S - L * 23.APR.2001 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Henry Baron [baro at calvin.edu]
Subject: LL-L: "Resources" LOWLANDS-L, 21.APR.2001 (05) [D/E]

From: frank verhoft [frank_verhoft at yahoo.com]
Subject: help needed

Geachte Laaglanders
Dear Lowlanders

I need a helping hand and some advice. I'm looking for
several books and dictionaries which I can't seem to
find on my own:
2. an Old Frisian dictionary, an etymological Frisian
dictionary, and yep, a Modern Frisian dictionary too.

Any help and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Frank, a recent publication is the Frisian-English dictionary, available from
the Fryske Akademy (fa at fa.knaw.nl) or in the States from the Calvin College
Bookstore (eswaid at calvin.edu).  Also, an etymological dictionary of the Fryske
Taal has been in the making for nearly 20 years.  I think they're currently
working on the 17th volume of the series; also available from the Akademy.

-henry

----------

From: Stefan Israel [stefansfeder at yahoo.com]
Subject: "Resources" LOWLANDS-L, 22.APR.2001

Joe Stromberg wrote:

> Friedrich Kluge, _An Etymological Dictionary of the German
> Language_ is very useful, but was published in 1891 and may
> have never been reprinted.

I have in my hand the 22nd edition (Elmar Seebold, editor),
1989, Walter de Gruyter: Berlin & New York.  ISBN 3-11-006800-1
There are doubtless newer reprintings.

Stefan Israel