LL-L: "Numbers" LOWLANDS-L, 19.AUG.2001 (03) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 04:21:32 UTC 2001

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.AUG.2001 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 A=Afrikaans, Ap=Appalachian, D=Dutch, E=English, F=Frisian, L=Limburgish

From: "Frans Buter" <frans at buter.myweb.nl>
Subject: LL-L: "Numbers" LOWLANDS-L, 15.AUG.2001 (01) [D/E]

Hallo Lowlanders,

In my region, Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, I often heard older people use tachentig
instead tachtig. I don't know if it's more common in Zeeland or Flanders or

both.

Greetings, Frans Buter

----------

From: niels.winther at dfds.dk
Subject: LL-L: "Numbers"

hello Zintus, Ron and Randy

just to remind you of the peculiarities of the Danish
counting system, which also reflects a system base 20.

50=   (3-0.5)*(20):halvtredsindstyve
60=       (3)*(20):tresindstyve
70=   (4-0.5)*(20):halvfjerdsindstyve
80=       (4)*(20):firsindstyve
90=   (5-0.5)*(20):halvfemsindstyve

------
rgds
niels

----------

From: Strunk at t-online.de (strunk)
Subject: Numbers

Leive leiglanners,

> in Emsland Low Saxon we count like "twintig" (20), dartig (30),
....sesstig
> (60), but then "sevenzig" (70), "achtzig" (80) and "negenzig" (90). So
the
> ending "-tig" (the equivalent to the English "-ty" is used up to sixty
(60).

> Starting from seventy (70) the Low Saxon ending "tig" is replaced by the
> German ending "zig".

Sou wiid ik weet passeert jüst datsülve in ein paor westföölsche
mundaarden. Dat heet:

tein
twintig
dertig
veertig
foftig
sestig
sievenzig
achzig
niegenzig
hunnert

Aower Klaus-Werner Kahl givt in siin Wöörbouk fan't mönsterlänner plat
blouts
man siemtig, achtig un niegentig an.

Beste gröten,

Jan Strunk