LL-L "Resources" 2001.12.11 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 15:55:15 UTC 2001

 L O W L A N D S - L * 11.DEC.2001 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Folks,

Thanks to our own Sandy Fleming, we now have a Scots version of the story _De
Tuunkrüper_ (The Wren).

Please go to the following web page and choose "Scots" under "Other
Languages":
http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/low-saxon/ls-story.html

Sandy kindly gave me a SAMPA phonetic transcription, and I converted it to the
IPA system.  This will allow those of you who can read IPA notation to compare
the orthographic and phonetic versions and to think some more about Scots
orthography.  The same applies to the Low Saxon (Low German) versions posted
so far.

I would be happy to add versions in other language varieties, including
non-Lowlandic ones, with or without phonetic transcriptions.  Please send them
to me at <sassisch at yahoo.com>.

Thanks.