LL-L: "Morphology" LOWLANDS-L, 12.JAN.2001 (10) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 00:51:03 UTC 2001

 L O W L A N D S - L * 12.JAN.2001 (10) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Roger Thijs [roger.thijs at euro-support.be]
Subject: LL-L: "Morphology" LOWLANDS-L, 12.JAN.2001 (09) [E]

From: "Lowlands-L" <sassisch at yahoo.com>
To: <LOWLANDS-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>
> From: Barbara Rentsch-Buschkoetter [rentschbuschkoetter at web.de]
> Subject: Morphology

1. In Flemish from France one still uses dative forms:
e.g. "Vlaanderen _den_ Leeuw" (cf. invitation "banket" MDSK for
2001-01-28 in Kassel, F.)
Certainly not a writing error, in French it sounds: La Flandre au Lion.

2. While in West-Limburgish, for the pers. pronoun sing. we use a
variant of the Brabantish "Gij" as _Dzji-e_ + verb form for 2d person
plural; in Central and East Limburgish one maintained de du-form.
Curious thing thoug: in most municipalities, the subject has a
accus.form.
Dich bést van Mille.

Regards,
Roger