LL-L: "Grammar" LOWLANDS-L, 22.JAN.2001 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 19:58:59 UTC 2001

  L O W L A N D S - L * 22.JAN.2001 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Colin Wilson [lcwilson at starmail.com]
Subject: LL-L: "Grammar" LOWLANDS-L, 21.JAN.2001 (01) [E/German]

At 14:34 21/01/01 -0800, Stefan Israel wrote:

>Does the same goes for adjectives?
>You can argue whether the "opera" of "she's an opera person" is
>an adjective or part of a noun phrase.  What if someone said
>"she's a very opera person, more opera than he is"?   That
>doesn't sound quite right to my ears.

Even so, it might happen! Over the last few years we've gone from
"X is a key point (in the plan)" to "X is a very key point, even more
key than Y is".

With language (with English at least), anything can happen.

Colin Wilson.

                               the graip wis tint, the besom wis duin
Colin Wilson                   the barra wadna row its lane
writin fae Aiberdein           an sicna soss it nivver wis seen
                               lik the muckin o Geordie's byre