LL-L "Resources" 2001.11.30 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 23:42:46 UTC 2001

 L O W L A N D S - L * 30.NOV.2001 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Holger Weigelt <platt at HOLGER-WEIGELT.DE>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2001.11.29 (01) [E/LS]

Hello Ron !

Several years ago I started writing in Eastern Friesland Platt (Low Saxon)
and was very unhappy with the German based orthography being in use. For
this reason I started developing an orthographic system of my own mainly
based on phonematic aspects. My aim was to get an orthography that
represents the sounds and shows the grammatical structure correctly. Basing
on these attempts I did further research about phonematic, grammar and
syntax and a manuscript with my results is going to be ready soon. If You
or other Lowlanders want to learn more about my work on this subject and my
opinions towards further aspects concerning Low Saxon (the Eastern
Friesland variant in special) have a look on my website
http://www.holger-weigelt.de. It is mostly German (of course completed with
examples in Eastern Friesland Platt) but there is an overwiev in English too
and a brief introduction (English) to my orthographic system You can find
here:
http://members.tripod.de/foto_weigelt/bbilder/orthengl.gif
If I find some spare time I'll send a translation of the story You posted
on the web too.

kumpelment
Holger

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Holger,

By all means send me your translation/transliteration and I will add it to the
collection.  This invitation goes for everyone else.  I will be grateful for
any other orthographic and/or linguistic version.  If you use special symbols
that won't show up in most people's displays, please send the test in graphic
form (using Arial or Helvita or any other non-serif font to be consistent with
the rest).

Again, the page:
"De Tuunkrüper" (The Wren):
http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/low-saxon/ls-story.html