LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.04.03 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 18:00:58 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 03.APR.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

I wrote yesterday:

> The online subscription application form is now installed in all
> language versions of our homepage
> (http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/).  The "results page"
> (i.e., the page that comes up when the application has been sent) can be
> found here: http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/ll-response
>
> I would be very grateful if you would check the versions in your
> languages of expertise and informed me of any necessary changes.  Please
> do not send them to the List but to me privately (sassisch at yahoo.com).
>
> Thanks to a good number of subscribers for helping me with
> translations.  They are mentioned on the top right of the respective
> versions.
>
> A huge kudos and many thanks go to Mathieu van Woerkom who helped me get
> started, assisted me part of the way and even made a Limburgish
> translation of the rules and guidelines!
>
> Other versions of the welcoming page will be received gratefully.

In the meantime, Elsie Zinsser and Mathieu van Woerkom kindly helped
some more.  I was able to improve the Afrikaans version with Elsie's
help, the Dutch and General Limburgish versions with Mathieu's help.
Mathieu has also contributed a Dutch translation of the rules and
guideline in addition to the General Limburgish one he had already
contributed.  (You will find the translations via links at
<http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html>.)  As I
already said to Mathieu, "Uh-oh! Now I'll have to come up with a Low
Saxon (Low German) version sometime ..."

Also, I have taken Mathieu's advice and have changed all links in such a
way that no new windows get opened.  (Apparently there are two
"philosophical" camps: one that says that you should make sure your
index page remains open at all times, and another that says that you
should leave it up to the web surfer if they want a new window open or
not.  I suppose I basically agree with the latter, in great part because
more people complain about those "annoying" newly opened windows than
about losing the index page.  However, this is really not a matter to be
discussed in this forum.)

Thanks again to everyone who has helped so far and to those who consider
helping and thus supporting Lowlands-L in the future.