LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.04.17 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 21:33:52 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 17.APR.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Edwin Alexander <edsells at cogeco.ca>
Subject: LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.04.17 (01) [E]

At 07:48 AM 04/17/02 -0700, Ron wrote:

  By the way, Lowlands-L will be seven years old sometime next week!
It's
  quite a respectable age, considering that the lifespan of the average
  mailing list is no longer than that of a smaller furbearing animal.
  Should we do anything celebratory?  I wonder how many among you have
  been with us from the very beginning.

I don't have a precise date, but a quick search in my archive revealed
postings as far back as October of 1996, though
I'm sure it was before that.

Ed Alexander
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
BRUCE TRAIL 500 KM FUNDRAISER: http://www.deerhurst.com/fundraiser

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Thanks, Ed.  You certainly are one of our esteemed "old-timers,"
certainly as far as LL-L membership is concerned.

The first archived monthly batch of postings in my personal folder is
from May 1995.  I remember that we started as a smaller group a few days
before we used a real list server.  However, why don't we just say that
the first week of May is our anniversary week?  If any of you have been
planning to post something special sometime, you might want to consider
doing it during our anniversary week.